Regional/State Employment Agencies
Dayton Daily News & YAHOO hotjobs: http://DaytonDailyNews.com/jobs
Greater Dayton Works: (877) 696-3896, http://greaterdaytonworks.com
The Job Center: 496-6720, http://thejobcenter.org
Ohio Department of Job and Family Services: http://odjfs.state.oh.us
Major Local Employers
Friendship Village: 837-5581, http://fvdayton.com
Maria-Joseph Living Care Center: 278-2692, http://mariajoseph.org
City of Trotwood: 854-7224, firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment Opportunity - Part- Time Utility Billing ClerkDate of Notice: August 29, 2014
City of Trotwood
Notice of Open Position
Part- Time Utility Billing Clerk
(Approx. 20- 25 Hours per Week)
Scope of Selection Process
1. Oral Interview
3. Background check
2. Credential/Reference Verification
4. Pre-Employment Drug Screening
Nature of Work
The part- time Utility Billing Clerk reports to the Finance Director and is responsible for customer service, data entry, clerical, and other work as required and directed for the day-to-day operation of the Trotwood Utility Billing Office.
• High School Diploma/GED, post secondary courses in bookkeeping or office administration preferred
• Two years of clerical experience; experience in a municipal environment is a plus
• Proficient in operating ten key calculator and Microsoft Word and Excel applications, and making mathematical calculations.
• Greets office visitors and assists with general information and processing of utility payments.
• Opens and sorts incoming mail and prepares bulk mailing following office procedure
• Operates computer work station, ten key calculator and all office machines.
• Answers telephone, assisting callers with general information, and transfers calls to appropriate staff members.
Salary: Hourly Range $12-$18
On line application or pick up and submit with resume and cover letter to: Trotwood Government Center, 3035 Olive Road, Trotwood, OH 45426. Closing date to apply is September 12, 2014. Closing date to apply is COB, Friday, September 12, 2014.
The City of Trotwood is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment Opportunity - Police OfficerDate of Notice: September 5, 2014
City of Trotwood
Notice of Civil Service Examination/Open Positions
Police Entrance Examination Form
Scope of Selection Process:
1. Civil Service Exam – October 18, 2014
2. Physical Ability Test
3. Oral Interview
4. Oral Interviews
5. Background Investigation
6. Voice Stress Analysis
7. Physical & Psychological Exam
8. Drug Screen
• Achieve a passing score on the Civil Service Exam
• Successful completion of all phases of the section process
• US Citizen & at least 21 years old
• HS Graduate or GED
• Valid Ohio Drivers License; good driving record
• Eye sight correctable to 20/30
• Possess the physical ability to perform the tasks associated with the position.
• No previous felony convictions
• Possess or ability to obtain OPOTA certification
Nature of Work:
Employees in this class are responsible for protection of life and property, prevention of crime, apprehension of criminals, and general enforcement of laws and ordinances. Work is performed in accordance with Division rules and regulations, and normally consists of duties and routine patrol and both initial and follow-up investigations. Work involves an element of personal danger. Employees must be able to act without direct supervision and to exercise independent discretion in meeting emergencies; however, advice and consultation from a superior officer is usually available.
Salary Range: $19.99 - $26.32 per hour; the beginning rate for new hires is $19.99 per hour.
The application process begins with registration for the exam. Registration forms may be picked up and returned along with the $20.00 registration fee to: Trotwood Government Center, HR Department or Police Department, 3035 Olive Rd., Trotwood, OH 45426 or obtained HERE. Questions or inquiries may be addressed to email@example.com. Proof of Military/Reserve service (DD-214) must be provided at registration to receive additional credits on the written exam.
Exam registration deadline is 4:00 PM, Thursday, October 9, 2014.
Learn about new City programs and projects in this regularly updated message from Trotwood Mayor Joyce S. Cameron.
>> Read More
Learn more about one our leading community partners and how they are helping Trotwood.
>> Full Story
Feature on Development
Learn more about the City’s latest
community improvement efforts and
their future benefits.
>> Review Now